Do You also Suffer from
Vaginal discomforts as dryness, burning, urinary incontinence can occur also during pre-menopause or after child birth. The main cause is often atrophic vaginitis: a disease that can adversely affects your life and the relationship with your partner.
Only until 31 January
Get a coupon
- 75% Reported that vaginal atrophy negatively impacts their lives
- 63% Failed to recognize vaginal atrophy as a chronic condition
- 44% Report that did not consult a gynecologist for finding a solution
- 4% Only recognized the common symptoms of vaginal atrophy
Now it’s possible with no pain, no side effects and in just few minutes. MonaLisa Touch is a painless and minimally invasive laser treatment for vaginal rejuvenation. By gently acting on tissue of the vaginal mucosa, the laser stimulates the production of collagen, improving the functionality of the treated area and restoring the proper trophic balance to the mucous membrane.
The MonaLisa Touch cosmetic surgery procedure is used for the treatment of vaginal atrophy, and can help women recover from genital atrophy and enjoy complete relief from symptoms they suffer from every day.
The laser itself provides one of the most advanced vaginal photorejuvenation techniques to relieve the most troublesome symptoms associated with vaginal atrophy, including vaginal dryness and painful intercourse.
- Quick Result Results may be noticed after very first treatment, though the procedure calls for 3 treatments over a 12-week period
- Quick Recovery No Downtime
- Quick Procedure Individual Procedures Only Take 15-20 Minutes
- Full Procedure Can be used on both the Labia and the Vulva to resolve vulvar itching, burning, and dryness
- No Risk Minimal Risks, and minimal side effects
- Atrophic vaginits
The drop in estrogen that comes with menopause or even during breastfeeding after delivery, causes a series of problems that have a severe impact on one’s social life and personal relationships. Among the most bothersome problems is atrophic vaginitis, which is the lack of nourishment and hydration of the cells of the vaginal mucosa. This condition causes a progressive thinning of the vaginal and vulvar mucosa which then becomes more delicate, sensitive and more exposed to trauma.
Vaginal dryness, burning and being constantly bothered are a result of atrophic vaginitis, which is often not spoken about because some consider it a natural consequence during menopause and after childbirth. Thanks to innovative laser techniques, this problem can now be prevented and resolved in a safe and painless way.
- Pain during sexual intercourse (dyspareunia)
One after-effect of atrophic vaginitis is dyspareunia – pain during sexual intercourse. An atrophic vagina is thin, fragile, lacks elasticity and above all is dry and unlubricated. This causes pain during sexual intercourse with a series of negative consequences regarding the couple’s relationship which lead to a lack of sexual desire and uneasy feelings during intimate moments with your partner.
Dyspareunia can also be caused by pain in the perineal region caused by scarring of the episiotomy or after a laceration from a spontaneous delivery.
Understanding the cause of the pain and using the latest generation laser treatment on the tissue is now the most effective way of resolving this symptom.
- Urinary incontinence
This is one of the most common feminine problems in women over 35 years of age which severely compromises their quality of life. There are various types and levels: from stress (laughing or coughing, lifting weight), urgency (involuntary loss of urine due to lack of control of the urination stimulus by the brain), mixed (incontinence from a combination of stress and urinary imperiosity) or from reflux (occurs when the bladder is so full that the internal pressure is greater than that of the urethra).
Embarrassment and shame prevent one from facing the problem, which one often bears with resignation but now there are finally state-of-the-art and minimally invasive treatments that can help resolve this problem.*
* Urinary incontinence is a complex problem that requires careful diagnosis by your doctor before being treated.
- What are the benefits of this treatment?MonaLisa Touch allows for a functional restoration of the vagina (Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation), which helps fighting and attenuating symptoms related to vaginal atrophy, a widespread problem among pre and postmenopausal women. Thanks to its action on factors that determine dryness, fragility and loss of mucosal elasticity, this treatment can eliminate troublesome itching, irritation and pain, which become particularly acute during intercourse. The interaction with laser is, in fact, the ideal method to stimulate the collagen contained in the vaginal walls for the rehydration and functional tissue restoration. Its beneficial action can contribute to improve self-confidence and sexual pleasure.
- Is it painfull?No, usually no anesthesia required. The sensation is a light vibration.
- For which women is MonaLisa Touch® laser treatment most suitable?For any woman who want prevent or treat the vaginal symptoms due to estrogenic decrease (in menopause, after a childbirth, after a cancer treatment). Most common symptoms vaginal dryness, laxity, burning, pain during sexual intercourse and mild urinary incontinence. MonaLisa Touch is the ideal treatment for those who are looking for a less invasive procedure, compared to traditional surgical or pharmaceutical treatments. Remember, no one can advise you better about MonaLisa Touch and what is best for you to achieve best results than your doctor.
- What type of results can I expect?Most treated patients report a reduction in dryness, burning sensation, pain during intercourse, and urinary symptoms which contributes to a substantial improvement in the quality of life.
- How many treatments are needed?It depends on how serious the symptoms are. We usually recommended 1 to 3 treatments, 40-60 days apart, followed by an annual maintenance treatment. In any case, it will be up to your gynecologist, after careful examination, to evaluate and recommend the best treatment plan for you.
- How is the recovery?Most women report slight localized discomfort following the laser treatment and during the first few days after the session. Many have reported to have resumed their normal routine after one to three days. During the healing period, it may be recommended to avoid lifting weights or some activities, such as taking a hot bath, or physical exercise. Your doctor will give you specific indications for a speedy recovery.
- How soon can I resume sexual activity?We usually recommend 3 to 4 days of rest before resuming regular sexual activity. In any case, it will be up to your doctor to give you more specific guidance based on the outcome of the treatment.
- Does insurance cover the costs of MonaLisa Touch treatments?Insurance usually does not cover the cost of this surgery because it is considered elective.
- Are financing plans available?Yes. We have arrangements with CareCredit, a provider of low interest financing of your surgery.
- Are credit cards accepted for MonaLisa Touch?Yes. We accept MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover.
- What is my next step, if i’m interested in MonaLisa Touch?Doctor and his staff will be happy to discuss this procedure with you. Please feel free to call to speak with Doctor directly if you have any further questions, or use our convenient contact form.
- How far in advance should I schedule my MonaLisa Touch treatment?Consultations can be scheduled any time. We prefer a 48 hour notice to schedule surgery although at times we have been able to accommodate patients with as little as 24 hour notice. You may also elect to schedule your surgery weeks or even months in advance.
- How much is an initial consultation?The initial consultation is free. We believe once you meet our dedicated staff and see our state of the art facility you will become our patient.
- Can I schedule my consultation the same day as my treatment?Yes. Many of our out of town patients have their consultations immediately prior to treatments. At this time we perform a physical exam and discuss the treatment plan that interests you in full detail.
- Are there hotels near your office?Yes. There are numerous hotels in the area including one right across the street. When you call to schedule your consultation we will be happy to provide you with information. Out staff can assist you with hotel reservations.
Advanced OB/GYN Health and Aesthetics center for WomenThe New Laser Treatment Against Vaginal Atrophy, Laxity and Urinary Incontinence
- Our address
629 Park Avenue New York, NY 10065
1725 East 12th Street Suite #301, Brooklyn, NY 11229
- Our phone (212) 744-0392
629 Park Avenue New York, NY 10065
1725 East 12th Street Suite #301, Brooklyn, NY 11229